We are happy to welcome back small audiences in our socially distanced theatre.
Document Updated: June 18, 2021
Personal Protective Equipment:
▪ Every Theatre Staff member will be wearing proper protective equipment.
Please stay home:
▪ if you or anyone you have been in contact with have COVID-19
▪ if you show any symptoms of illness such as fever, chills, shortness of breath or cough
▪ We encourage guests to purchase their tickets in advance at KELOWNAACTORSSTUDIO.COM or by calling 250-862-2867.
▪ Please note we will have Reserved Seating for all patrons.
PLAN YOUR ARRIVAL
▪ To achieve the recommended physical distancing for our Guests, we ask that you arrive no sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled showtime.
▪ If you arrive earlier, you may be asked to remain outside the theatre until your theatre is ready for seating.
AT THE THEATRE—PHYSICAL DISTANCE AND HYGIENE
▪ Please follow all directional and physical distancing signs and the guidance of our staff members as you move from the front doors to concession, to your seat, and finally, when you exit the theatre following the production.
▪ Throughout the theatre, we have installed protective safety shields at interaction points to safeguard our Guests and our Crew members.
▪ We have temporarily removed lobby seating for added Guest safety.
▪ Hand sanitizer will be available throughout your theatre experience, including at the entries, concessions, and washrooms.
To ensure physical distancing and provide a safe and enjoyable theatre-going experience, we have made the following changes:
▪ Reduced the capacity of all theatres by over 50%. Theatre capacity will vary to adhere to provincial and municipal occupancy guidelines.
▪ Traditional seating locations will have 2 metres between parties group of seats and alternating rows blocked off.
▪ To comply with British Columbia’s health regulations, our auditorium occupancy will be reduced to 30%.
▪ Proper areas to eliminate congestion in the lobby and auditorium.
▪ Family members of the same household, and cohorts as permitted by Provincial health authorities, may seat themselves within the block of adjoining seats. Please remember to respect the physical distancing of your fellow Guests.
▪ When the play is over, we ask that you follow the instructions of the KAS Staff member or all directional signage and exit by row to ensure proper physical distancing.
▪ Alternative exit paths will be used wherever possible to minimize overlap with arriving Guests.
OUR CAST AND CREW
▪ Our Fit for Work policy requires that each Staff member complete a health questionnaire to confirm they have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 and are symptom-free before they enter the theatre and start their shift.
▪ Every Staff member will always be wearing proper protective equipment, which KAS will supply for its Staff members.
▪ Every KAS Staff member will be required to wash their hands every 30 minutes.
▪ As an enhanced cleaning practice, we will be disinfecting our auditorium, seating surfaces, washrooms and common areas for use against SARS-CoV-2, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
▪ KAS will have a dedicated Hygiene Officer scheduled on each shift, with the sole responsibility of ensuring that cleaning and safety standards are completed as scheduled and to specification.
▪ Only after the Manager on Duty or Hygiene Officer has inspected—and signed-off on cleaning the auditorium—will it be released to seat our next Guests.
▪ We have deployed additional cleaning Crew members dedicated to enhanced cleaning of high-contact areas throughout the theatre every 30 minutes.
▪ We have reduced our menu to expedite your order and reduce lobby times.
▪ We have created queue lines—and markers within each line—to ensure proper physical distancing.
▪ Our barstafff members will hand sanitizer and wipe down their service area before serving each Guest.
▪ Please stand behind the queue line indicated, until you are called, to allow our staff member to clean the service area. Exit to your theatre following the directional signage provided.
▪ Self-serve beverage locations will be adapted by location to ensure that we provide recommended physical distancing and a hygienic experience.
▪ Crew-serve beverage service is unchanged, with the exception that your Crewmember will provide straws.
▪ Only 2 people may enter the washrooms at any given time. All sinks and stalls are available. Alternate urinals will be closed to provide physical distancing.
▪ Please always respect others and maintain physical distancing when entering, occupying, and exiting the restrooms.
LEAVING THE THEATRE
To maintain physical distancing when exiting the theatre, we ask:
▪ When your show is over, please follow the instructions of the KAS Staff member or all directional signage and exit by row, starting at the front.
▪ After you exit the auditorium, additional directional signage will assist you in exiting the theatre.
▪ As you exit the theatre, please be kind - deposit your own garbage in the appropriate bins. Our staff members will truly appreciate your assistance in keeping our theatres clean for all Theatre Lovers.
PLEASE HELP EVERYONE ENJOY THEIR EXPERIENCE
▪ PRACTISE PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Keep at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
▪ WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN: Wash for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
▪ COUGHING/SNEEZING: Cough and sneeze into your elbow, NOT your hands. Throw any tissues you may use directly into the trash.
▪ CONSIDER WEARING A MASK: While not mandatory, consider a mask to protect yourself and others. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
THEATRE IS BETTER TOGETHER
We have implemented recommended hygiene and physical distancing protocols throughout our theatre and in each auditorium, but we cannot guarantee your physical health. We ask that you do your part by observing all recommended hygiene and physical distancing guidelines during your visit and ask that you let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.